Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Yvonne Jones, A Time To Heal: The Struggles of a Battered Woman on: "It's not my fault"

     One of the worst things a person who is being abused can do is believe the lie, "Its your fault." I think one of the hardest lessons for a woman to learn is, you cannot fix everyone or everything. God created us to be nurturers, and automatically we see a problem and believe we have the answer. "If I would just do this, or if I wouldn't have done that, he wouldn't be treating me this way." The sad part is, he tells you that you are to blame, and convinces you that if you would just learn to listen to him and do what he says then he wouldn't have to hurt you.
     I had to learn the hard way that it didn't matter what I did, or said, it was always my fault according to him. God did not create us to be a punching bag for anyone and if you are being abused in any way at all, you need to realize that "ITS NOT YOUR FAULT." The truth is, it doesn't matter what you do, how you act, or even how you treat him; if he gets angry, it will always be your fault in his eyes.
     Remember, only God can change a persons heart and life, and that person has to be willing to change. Next: "He said he'd kill my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment