Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Working At Home! 

Hello friends! I've got a lot on my mind today. Actually I've had a lot on my mind for a while now. I guess this has been a really hard month for me. I've got so many things I want to do, and so many ideas on what I feel God has in store for the months ahead. I never really realized that being a first time author was going to be so tough. I mean I love it don't get me wrong, but people tend to get the wrong idea and think just because someone has written a book that they are rich. I used to think the same thing and although authors do have great opportunities at becoming successful, it certainly doesn't happen overnight and not without a lot of work. I guess these past months have been hard for me because the only money I've been making is what I make at my church. The only thing I've wanted to do is write and promote my book, but unless you've got plenty of money well thats a hard thing to do. I've done lots of promoting on the internet and even did a couple advertisements on Tv and radio but it doesn't help to pay the bills. I know people wonder why I don't just get out and go to work. Well if it were that simple I would have done it a long time ago. When you've been in prison, it doesn't matter what you did or didn't do, you will always be a convicted felon in the eyes of the world. I've been to lots of places and even had a friend of mine introduce me to someone who helps people find jobs. Reality is once they see your application and the answer to the question: have you been convicted of a felony is yes then they just throw it in the trash. The guy who helps you to find jobs told me that he couldn't help me, because no one was going to hire me and it would take him to long to help me find work.Then I live about 20 miles out of town so if I did find a job it would have to pay me real well in order to make anything since gas is so high.  I know you're all wondering why I'm writing about this and frankly I'm not even sure myself why I decided to open my heart on this matter. I've just been very down lately because I've been trying so hard to find something I can do to bring in some extra money. There are so many things you can do online but the problem is they either want to much money to start or they're scams. Its hard to know who you can trust these days especially on the internet. I've done lots of research, gotten involved in several Christian networks, and even found more ways to promote my book. I've found lots of job opportunities and even filled out a few applications, but I either don't qualify for the jobs or I don't have the resources I need to do the job. I did however find a wonderful network that has been so good to me and has gone out of the way to do all they can to help me find something I can do at home. Her name is Regina Lewis and she's with the Work At Home Classroom. She's a wonderful Christian lady who has done and continues to do all she can to help me, and believe me that has been quite a challenge. I want to take the time here to recommend her site and to let you know that if you've ever wanted to work from home, or are just looking for a way to make extra income, this is the place to go to do it. They post new job listings every week and they are all legitimate. Here is the link should you decide you'd like to check it out. https://www.secureinfossl.com/affProgram/The-Work-From-Home-Classroom-Affiliate-Program/61865 
I'll keep you posted on what I find and things that are coming up in my life. If you've been to my home page then you've seen that I have a Tv interview coming up tomorrow. Please keep me in your prayers. Thanks for listening and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment