Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day
   I want to say I love you to my daddy today. We had a great day, we went to church this morning, and I took him to Captain D's for lunch. He says, "thats a great little seafood place." lol Its been our favorite for many years now. I used to take my son there all the time when he was little. My brother Terry, his wife DeeAnn, and son Lewis met us there too so it was a very nice day. My husband chose o stay home and relax. I guess if thats what you want to do thats fine. Yesterday my brother Roy came down from St. Joe and brought his two boys to visit with daddy, my step sister Lorra came too so all in all he's had a couple nice days with his family. Despite all the wonderful moments we shared yesterday and today, all of our hearts were focused on our younger brother who's over seas right now. He's worked over seas for a long time now and didn't intend for it to happen but drifted away from the Lord. We know that God knows where he is and what he's doing but we haven't heard from him in 3 months. Its hard to see my daddy go through the pain of another child thats gone astray. He went through enough pain 20 years ago when I was going through my battle. I've never seen such strength before, his wife has medical problems and rarely gets out of bed, his youngest son hasn't called him or come to see him in 3 months and still he smiles, he prays, he brings joy to others while dealing with his own pain. Its hard for me to see him getting older every day. I have so many things I still want to do for him, and only God knows how many days or years I have left with him. In fact only God knows how many days or years any of us have left. We take so much for granted everyday, we allow the days to go by and don't even say I love you to those who are important in our lives. Our children come to us to talk or play a game, yet we're so busy doing what we think is more important that we forget they will grow up and be gone before we know it. I heard someone say Father's Day doesn't mean anything to me, no more than Mother's Day, or any other holiday means to me, its just another day. We should live each day as if it will be our last and let those who are closest to us know that they are loved and appreciated.   To all of you out there who's father has gone home to be with the Lord, my prayers are with you. I know how much it hurts to lose someone you love, and no matter how many years go by there's never a day that goes by that you don't think about them. I'm so thankful that the grave is not final, and we as Christians have the joy in knowing that one day soon we'll be reuinited with our loved ones that have gone on before us. God bless every Godly father today and if you're not a Godly father and just happened to end up on my page somehow, I pray that God will reveal himself to you in a mighty way and let you know that he loves you with all his heart and he wants whats best for you and your family. To my husband, my son, all my family, my friends, my church family, and even my new acquaintances, I love you all in the Lord and if I can ever be of help or just lend an ear to a hurting heart, please let me know. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment