Thursday, July 23, 2015

DON'T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW

                                                  DON’T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW
 
I feel an urgency in my spirit
 the time is drawing near;
 that Eastern sky will soon split wide open,
 Gabriel’s, trumpet will sound loud and clear.
What will he find us doing,
 what state will we be in;
 will we be praying  and anxiously waiting,
 or still living a life filled with sin.
We live each day like we have many tomorrows,
 saying we’ll wait until time is right.
 I dread to think about the pain and sorrow we’d feel,
 should he decide to come tonight.
What a horrible reality to have to face,
 when you thought you had plenty of time
 but you look around and your loved ones are gone,
 and you have been left behind.
My friends don’t put off until tomorrow, 
what you have a chance to do today;
 Eternity is forever, this old world will soon pass away.
 This old world offers many pleasures,
 but none of them can compare,
 to the glory we’ll have over yonder,
 when we reach that city so fair.
I have loved ones who have gone before me,
 I can wait to put my arms around,
 but most of all I want to see Jesus,
 and at his feet I’ll humbly bow down.
I want to praise him and give him glory,
 and thank him for all he’s done.
 For me he paid the ultimate price,
 he gave his only son.
If you’ve never given your heart to Jesus,
 why not do it today,
 don’t wait until tomorrow,
 tomorrow just may be too late. 

Written by Yvonne Jones 3/17/2003

No comments:

Post a Comment